"Shine" Original Painting, Sold
"Shine" has sold. This painting developed from some experimenting with textures that I began last year for a commission buyer. It began with layers of molding paste and textural elements mixed with acrylic paint, and continued with layers of glazed and scumbled paint, including some metallic paint which gives it a shine. it is highly textured.
The buyer who wanted to commission me was looking at the works of another artist who employs very deep textures. This artists work sells for 20 times my prices. So I experimented with some deep textures because it was really fun and I wanted to try to satisfy the buyer. But he really wanted me to copy that other artist and that I will not do. But I made some good, small textured pieces from my experiments so all is good.
18" high, 24" wide on a 1" deep canvas. I painted the sides with a dark chocolate brown and varnished the entire surface along with the sides, assuming it will be hung as is with no frame. If the buyer wishes to frame it, a floater frame would work well with the high texture.
Contact me if you would like to commission a new, similar painting. © 2016 Sally Trace, all rights reserved. Thank you.
- When you purchase paintings or prints here on www.sallytrace.com, you are buying directly from me, the artist Sally Trace.
- Shipping is included for the continental USA.
- Pennsylvania residents will pay 6% sales tax.
- You may always write me with any questions. Thank you very much.
Original paintings will be shipped by me from my home studio in Pennsylvania, to the Continental USA. I take great care with wrapping and packaging my paintings for safe shipment. Shipments will be via UPS and will require a street address (no PO Boxes please), a phone number for the delivery driver and signature upon delivery. All original paintings are insured for their full value.
Giclee prints are created and shipped directly to you by my printers facilities in the USA and Canada.
Buyers in Alaska and Hawaii may have to pay an extra shipping fee for large paintings and prints. You may write me for a shipping quote, thank you.
- I can sell original paintings to the USA.
- I can sell prints to the USA and Canada.
- I can't sell to the UK or Europe anymore due to new tax and packaging laws.
- International buyers can purchase prints from my Pixels store: https://sally-trace.pixels.com/
Original paintings can be returned to me in Pennsylvania. Please contact me within 7 days of receipt for a return authorization, and return ship within 14 days. Please use the original packaging and insure the shipment for it's full value. The buyer is responsible for original and return shipping and insurance costs. Any loss in value due to damage during return shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer. Returns of original paintings will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Custom made-to-order paintings are not returnable. I provide lots of in-progress photos and also good final photographs of the finished painting before shipping.
In the event of damage during shipping, please contact me within 7 days and please keep and photograph both the box and the art damage so I can submit my claim with my insurer. Damaged prints will be replaced at no charge. Please keep the box in case the shipper wants to see it. Thank you very much.
- Giclee prints are custom ordered from my printer, and are not eligible for returns or exchanges. Damaged or defective prints will be replaced at no charge to you. Please keep both the art and the shipping boxes and send me photos within 7 days. You will be asked to send me photos of the art and the shipping box so that I can get your replacement coming to you as quickly as possible.