"Shine" Original Painting, Sold
"Shine" has sold. This painting developed from some experimenting with textures that I began last year for a commission buyer. It began with layers of molding paste and textural elements mixed with acrylic paint, and continued with layers of glazed and scumbled paint, including some metallic paint which gives it a shine. it is highly textured.
The buyer who wanted to commission me was looking at the works of another artist who employs very deep textures. This artists work sells for 20 times my prices. So I experimented with some deep textures because it was really fun and I wanted to try to satisfy the buyer. But he really wanted me to copy that other artist and that I will not do. But I made some good, small textured pieces from my experiments so all is good.
18" high, 24" wide on a 1" deep canvas. I painted the sides with a dark chocolate brown and varnished the entire surface along with the sides, assuming it will be hung as is with no frame. If the buyer wishes to frame it, a floater frame would work well with the high texture.
Contact me if you would like to commission a new, similar painting. © 2016 Sally Trace, all rights reserved. Thank you.
- When you purchase paintings or prints here on www.sallytrace.com, you are buying directly from me, the artist Sally Trace.
- Checkout is enabled for original paintings going to the Continental USA and for prints going to the Continental USA, Canada and Australia.
- Pennsylvania residents will pay 6% sales tax.
- US buyers may also pay with a US Postal Money Order; please write me an email or use the form below.
- I can have prints created in the USA, Canada and Australia; These will ship directly to buyers in those countries.
- You may always write me with any questions. Thank you very much.
Original paintings will be shipped in 3-5 days by me from my home studio in Pennsylvania, to the Continental USA. I take great care with wrapping and packaging my paintings for safe shipment. Shipments will be via UPS and will require a street address (no PO Boxes please), and a phone number for the delivery driver and signature upon delivery. All original paintings are insured for their full value.
Giclee prints for buyers in the Continental USA are created and shipped directly to you by my printers facilities in California. Please allow 3-6 business days for production.
Buyers in Alaska and Hawaii may have to pay an extra shipping fee for large paintings and prints. You may write me for a shipping quote, thank you.
- Giclee prints are created and shipped directly to you by my printers facilities in the USA, Canada and Australia. Please allow 4-6 business days for production.
- I'm sorry to say that I can't sell to Europe or the UK anymore due to import taxes and regulations.
- All international buyers can purchase prints directly from one of my printers here: https://sally-trace.pixels.com/
- For original paintings, overseas buyers may contact me for my shipping costs. **Please be advised that original paintings will be shipped via UPS, FedEx or DHL. VAT, GST, Duty, Courier Fees imposed by the shippers, and any other import or customs fees imposed by the buyers country will be the responsibility of the buyer. These fees will be payable upon delivery. I'm not able to quote "landed costs" for international shipments of original paintings.
Original paintings that ship to the Continental US, and can be returned to me in Pennsylvania. Please contact me within 7 days of receipt for a return authorization, and return ship within 14 days. Please use the original packaging and insure the shipment for it's full value. The buyer is responsible for return shipping and insurance costs. Any loss in value due to damage during return shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer. Returns of original paintings will be subject to a 20% restocking fee to help me recover my original shipping and selling related fees.
Custom, made-to-order paintings are not returnable. I provide lots of in-progress photos and also good final photographs of the finished painting before shipping.
Giclee prints are custom ordered from my printers international facilities, and are not eligible for returns or exchanges. If anything is wrong with your print, please contact me right away. Damaged or defective prints will be replaced at no charge to you. Please keep both the art and the shipping boxes and send me photos within 7 days. You will be asked to send me photos of the art and the shipping box so that I can get your replacement coming to you as quickly as possible.
- In the event of damage during shipping, please contact me within 7 days of receipt, and please keep and photograph both the box and the art damage so I can submit my claim with my insurer and replace your art for you. Thank you very much.